William Hall Library
Incorporated in 1896 as the Edgewood Free Library, this location was renamed in 1921 after local businessman William H. Hall bequeathed part of his estate to its development. The building itself was completed in 1927, and, from 1966-1983, the William Hall Library served as the administrative center for the newly unified Cranston Public Library system. Today, the William Hall Library hosts a variety of popular programs—including ESL and citizenship classes with the Rhode Island Family Literacy Initiative (RIFLI), reading groups, youth programming, theatre programs and free music concerts.
Stillhouse cove is located in the heart of Edgewood, its cared for and maintained by the Edgewood Garden Club and the Edgewood Waterfront Preservation Association. The cove was named for the rum distillery that sat on the edge, and has been a historical part of the area since the late 18th century. For more information on the Cove's history and the workings of the EWPS, check out their website using the link below.
Neighbourhood bird, wildlife and conservation information
The EGC regularly shares information about local bird and wildlife activity, native plants, and other environmental news. We support local conservation efforts like those of the Edgewood Waterfront Preservation Association to preserve the Stillhouse Cove salt marsh and parkland and Save the Bay’s work on water quality. The club regularly shares information about local bird and wildlife activity, native plants, and other environmental news.